VISION AND MISSION
To provide a fellowship through which evangelical Christians in South Africa can work together in mission and evangelism, speaking when necessary with one voice on public issues.
- To witness to the uniqueness and deity of our Lord Jesus Christ as Creator, Lord, and Coming King
- To affirm the inspiration and reliability of the biblical scriptures as the final authority in all matters of faith, ethics and practice.
- To work together in mission, evangelism and renewal.
- To labour for reconciliation, restitution, healing and development in our land.
- To initiate combined study of theological issues and relevant research in our context, which will be helpful in furthering our work and witness as evangelicals.
- To address from a combined posture and from a biblical point of view various issues in our land relating to church, state and society, which are of concern to Christians generally and evangelicals specifically.
- To affirm and work for biblical values and ethics to inform public policy and national life in the new South Africa.
- To network with the wider evangelical world and mutually cross-pollinate in order to enrich and strengthen our testimony.
- To relate creatively to the broader Christian community on issues and matters of common concern.
- To conduct any other business, discussion, study or action as may be deemed necessary from time to time in order to fulfil the requirement of evangelical witness in our country.
- To carry on business, raise funds and collect contributions in South Africa for the furtherance of its objectives.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, is divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of common concern.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God created the universe and pronounced it good.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God visibly in a body, born of the Vi Mary. He lived a sinless human life. During his earthly ministry He did miracles. He died in our place to atone for our sins. He was buried, and on the third day arose from the dead. He ascended into heaven, He is the only Mediator and Saviour of the world. He will personally return in power and in authority.
- Humankind, male and female, was created in the image of God, with consequent dignity, delegated authority and creation stewardship. As the result of the fall, all people are lost and lost, in need of salvation.
- Salvation is available only through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ and His salvation is received through repentance and faith, apart from human effort, as the Holy Spirit brings about the new birth.
- The Holy Spirit indwells, empowers and equips each believer, who is thereby obliged and enabled to live a holy life, to witness, and to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in His Kingdom concerns of worship, prayer, evangelism, discipling, compassion, justice and righteousness.
- All believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are spiritually united with each other. They comprise the Church, the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head.
- All the dead will be raised on the Last Day: those who are saved to eternal life, and those who are lost to condemnation.